Benefits of Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD):
- Aids in general relaxation and emotional well-being by reducing the fight or flight response.
- Helps to reduce inflammation and pain associated with headaches.
- Boosts your body’s natural detoxification process.
- Decreases fluid retention in the face, legs and feet especially after traveling.
- Speeds up healing after injury/surgery by stimulating microcirculation and lymph flow.
- Reduces scar tissue – aiding it to become softer, smoother and more flexible.
- Decreases Edema (fluid retention in the soft tissues). Effective for cancer patients who have had lymph nodes removed as well as effects of radiation treatment.
- Helping patients with lymphedema disease.
MLD is a hands-on technique with specific movements to aid in opening the lymphatic system to help increase circulation thereby reducing inflammation and pain, heal injuries and surgeries more rapidly as well as strengthen the immune system and overall well-being.
Fluid can accumulate in the tissues of the body for various reasons including, infection, injury, surgery, toxic buildup, lack of movement and even emotional trauma. MLD uses light pressure and movement of the skin in specific patterns to move the excess fluid through the lymph vessels and away from the tissues where it has accumulated.
The way I do Manual Lymph Drainage is unique. I blend traditional MLD movements along with Energy Healing techniques to help reduce fluid built-up and effect change more rapidly in the lymph and immune systems. With the Energy Healing/Medicine techniques incorporated into my MLD treatments, I clear old, blocked or stuck energy which speeds up the healing process.