Benefits of Craniosacral Therapy
- Establish balance in your body
- Trauma release including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Relieves chronic pain (neck, back, TMJ syndrome)
- Enhance personal/body awareness
- Improves symptoms of Insomnia, Stress, Anxiety
- Hyperactivity, Learning Issues
Craniosacral Therapy is a gentle, non-invasive, hands-on technique of working with the body to facilitate and maintain balance. It is based on the craniosacral rhythm which is the subtle expansion and contraction of the cranium and its effect on the cerebro-spinal fluid (CSF) flow throughout the brain, spinal column down to the sacrum (triangular-shaped bone at the base of the spine). The proper circulation of the CSF through the brain and spinal column is dependent on a stable and balanced cranium, spinal column and pelvis.
The stability of the cranium, spine and pelvis can become compromised when it is subjected to various stressors including but not limited to:
- Physical – car accidents, chronic pain, dental trauma, temporomandibular joint disorder, sports injuries, birth trauma, repetitive motion injuries.
- Chemical – environmental pollutants, food intolerances, food additives.
- Mental/Emotional Stressors – worry, daily stress, financial difficulties.
When these stressors occur to the body, the craniosacral system including the delicate membranes and muscles surrounding the system can become torqued and twisted. The twisted tissue affects nervous system flow as well as the proper functioning of most of the other systems of the body. Craniosacral Therapy facilitates the untorquing of the body’s tissues thereby restoring the body’s natural rhythm, balance and health.
Craniosacral Therapy involves the practitioner placing her hands on the body of the clothed client at various points on the cranium, spine and pelvis as well as the organs to bring the body into increased balance and functioning. Most people feel It is a relaxing and calming experience.